Wow! Summer came and left in the blink of an eye. I hope everyone enjoyed time with their families and also had the opportunity to reflect on new tools or instructional strategies that will kick your teaching up a notch. This will be the last installment of The Summer Learning Series. We end with something EVERYONE has been talking about for months…the new and improved Google Classroom. Many fantastic and generous educators have already created resources to introduce you to the new features. One of my favorites below is from Nadine Gilkison. It’s visual, quick, and to the point.
There are more video tutorials and blog posts that can give you additional information:
- Google Classroom 2018 YouTube Playlist created by Kimberly Mattina
- It Is Here! The New Google Classroom blog post by Alice Keeler
- 9 Updates From Google Classroom blog post by Eric Curts
- Time for a Refresh: Meet the New Google Classroom blog post by Google for Education
- 6 Tips for Getting Started with Google Classroom infographic by Shake Up Learning
- What to do About the Missing “About” Page blog post by Eric Curts
I’ve also updated my Ultimate Google Survival Guide. It is now housed in a Google Site that contains resources from classes I teach on a regular basis. It’s still a work in progress, but check it out. Click here for the link.