During this transformative time in education when curriculum content and tools are now online and most often require paid subscriptions, Flipgrid decided to go the opposite route and provide all of their premium features FREE for all educators! Matt Miller from Ditch That Textbook explains in the video below:
This powerful tool that amplifies student voice has been around for a while, therefore multiple resources on how to use the platform are all over the place. I’ve created a list below of some of my favorites to help get you started. Now, there’s no excuse not to have this tech tool in your pocket for fall.
- Getting Started from Flipgrid Resources (includes E-Book from Sean Fahey and Karly Moura
- Here is a GRID FULL of FREE Resources that the
#flipgridfever community created to help you get started. Password: Resources (case sensitive)
- 13 Ways to Enhance Math Lessons with Flipgrid by Sean Fahey
- 15 Ways to Use Flipgrid for Social Studies by Holly Clark
- Flipgrid Fun Alternatives for Shy Students by Nadine Gilkison
- Flipgrid and HyperDocs: Amplifying student voice in purposeful digital lesson design by Karly Moura
- The Ultimate App Smash Lesson by Jake Miller
- Flipgrid Emoji Reaction Guide by Sean Fahey
- 3 Ways to Use Flipgrid Now That All Features are Free by Richard Byrne
- Flipgrid Unplugged: App Smashing with Jornea Erwin
By the way, Flipgrid and Microsoft aren’t the only ones trying to help out struggling teachers paying out of pocket. Alice Keeler has started her own movement by teaming up with PledgeCents to find funding for classrooms, Ed Tech and PD. Read more about it here.